Wednesday, October 13, 2010
There's been an interesting conversation happening about why the GOP is the only major right-of-center political party that doubts the science behind global warming. . . . This isn't a very popular statement, but there is a role for elites in public life. Just like I want knowledgeable CEOs running companies and knowledgeable doctors performing surgeries, I want knowledgeable legislators crafting public policy. That's why we have a representative democracy, rather than some form of government-by-referendum. But of late, the elites in the Republican Party are abdicating their roles, preferring to pander to the desire for free tax cuts and the hostility to Al Gore than make tough and potentially unpopular decisions to safeguard our future. —Ezra Klein, "The Failure of Conservative Elites"
- ► 2011 (71)
- Irony, Indeed II: Eat Your Spinach
- RedState's Dear Leader imagines masturbating to im...
- The Other Side of the Story
- More thoughts on the firing of Juan Williams from ...
- The Radical Theology of Erick Erickson
- This is where the party ends
- Don't be stupid
- Conventional Conservative Wisdom 1, Reality 0
- The Tax Cut that Fell in the Woods
- A Few Bad Arguments against Homosexuality
- A Certain Conservative Delusion
- The Most Bizarrely Shaped Congressional Districts
- Another Inconvenient Truth
- William Blake, "A Poison Tree"
- Just one more thing
- Feminism defined
- A Christian offers a psychopathic defense of moral...
- Catholics can shovel it just as well as anyone els...
- Three from Eddie Jobson / Zinc
- Equality and self-determination for women is harmf...
- Well, at least neither of us has ever been a witch...
- Klein counters RedState-fueled hysteria
- I just like the graph . . . a lot.
- My enthusiastic agreement with a conservative blog...
- Metric, "Satellite Mind"
- ▼ October (28)
What I'm Following
For your further edification and amusement
- Collative Learning: Film Reviews and Analysis by Rob Ager
- DGM Live
- Gospel of Inclusion
- Green Party of the United States
- Mystery Science Theater 3000
- Pandora Radio
- Prog Archives
- Rip Rowan, "Over The Limit"
- Skepticblog: Ten Major Flaws of Evolution: A Refutation
- Slate Magazine
- Slayage: The Online International Journal of Buffy Studies
- South Park Studios
- Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy
- Star Trek
- The Baseball Scorecard
- The Onion
- The World's Biggest Pac-Man
- Turn Me Up!