"Analytic" means "of or relating to analysis." By "analysis," I mean "separation of a whole into its component parts" or "an examination of a complex, its elements, and their relations." The wholes or complexes I analyze here are arguments, or the reasons people give others to accept their points of view.
"Analeptic" is defined as "a drug that stimulates the central nervous system." The analeptic I offer you is merely metaphorical: I hope that my blog and the analyses I offer will stimulate you and your own thinking.
Most of what I do here is analyze arguments given by those on the right for their positions. Your Analytic Analeptic is primarily intended to give me an opportunity to expose it for what it is: bullshit. I don't claim that everything that comes out of the mouth of a Republican or a conservative is bullshit, but much of it is. By exposing it, I hope to bring us just a bit closer to the truth.
- ► 2011 (71)
- ► 2010 (232)
What I'm Following
For your further edification and amusement
- Collative Learning: Film Reviews and Analysis by Rob Ager
- DGM Live
- Gospel of Inclusion
- Green Party of the United States
- Mystery Science Theater 3000
- Pandora Radio
- Prog Archives
- Rip Rowan, "Over The Limit"
- Skepticblog: Ten Major Flaws of Evolution: A Refutation
- Slate Magazine
- Slayage: The Online International Journal of Buffy Studies
- South Park Studios
- Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy
- Star Trek
- The Baseball Scorecard
- The Onion
- The World's Biggest Pac-Man
- Turn Me Up!