Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell hinted on Sunday that Republicans would campaign for office in the months ahead on a pledge to undo health care legislation, should it become law. . . . "Certainly politically, it is a big problem for [Democrats]. They all kind of joined hands and went off a cliff together," McConnell told ABC's "This Week," when asked whether the GOP would push for a health care reform repeal. "There is great unrest in the Democratic Party. And the reason for that it is, the surveys indicate the American people are overwhelmingly opposed to this effort to have the government take over their health care."—Sam Stein, Huffington Post (emphases mine)
"Two-thirds of Americans support stricter federal regulation of banks and other financial institutions, and by a double-digit margin the public trusts President Obama above the Republicans in Congress to handle the issue – a caution flag for the GOP in an election year." —ABC News / Washington Post poll (emphasis mine)
Senate Republican Leader Mitch McConnell sought to rally his senators, arguing that a vote to delay debate was not a vote against regulation but for a bipartisan bill. "All of us want to deliver a reform that will tighten the screws on Wall Street," McConnell said. "But we're not going to be rushed on another massive bill based on the assurances of our friends on the other side."—Huffington Post (emphasis mine)
- ► 2011 (71)
- Chad Strawderman's "The Deep End" 13
- Doug Suttles vs. Dennis Miller
- Chad Strawderman's "The Deep End" 12
- Chad Strawderman's "The Deep End" 11
- The Fine Art of Bullshitting 3
- Chad Strawderman's "The Deep End" 10
- Even assholes can start triple plays
- Source of word vomit stream identified as RedState...
- A New day on Earth
- Beavis and Butthead freed from the fackles
- Chad Strawderman's "The Deep End" 9
- Three Questions
- Chad Strawderman's "The Deep End" 8
- RedState's bk suffers injury in attempt to use log...
- Chad Strawderman's "The Deep End" 7
- Chad Strawderman's "The Deep End" 6
- Chad Strawderman's "The Deep End" 5
- RedState's whopping adolescent non sequitur
- The New Pornographers, "Sing Me Spanish Techno"
- My favorite albums of 2000–2009 (so far)
- Marc Thiessen probably wishes Jane Mayer hadn't re...
- Chad Strawderman's "The Deep End" 4
- I've had enough.
- Chad Strawderman's "The Deep End" 3
- The Individual Mandate
- ▼ April (25)
What I'm Following
For your further edification and amusement
- Collative Learning: Film Reviews and Analysis by Rob Ager
- DGM Live
- Gospel of Inclusion
- Green Party of the United States
- Mystery Science Theater 3000
- Pandora Radio
- Prog Archives
- Rip Rowan, "Over The Limit"
- Skepticblog: Ten Major Flaws of Evolution: A Refutation
- Slate Magazine
- Slayage: The Online International Journal of Buffy Studies
- South Park Studios
- Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy
- Star Trek
- The Baseball Scorecard
- The Onion
- The World's Biggest Pac-Man
- Turn Me Up!