Friday, April 23, 2010

Even assholes can start triple plays

As reported by the Yahoo! sports blog, the Yankees' Alex Rodriguez had a bit of a disagreement with Dallas Braden of the Oakland A's yesterday.

According to 'Duk,
In the sixth inning of the A's 4-2 victory, Rodriguez went from first to third on a foul ball by Robinson Cano. His trip back to first took him right over the pitcher's mound, an unspoken no-no that ticked Braden off right away.... After a double play ended the inning, the 26-year-old pitcher immediately started yelling at A-Rod ... who claimed he didn't know he had done anything wrong.
After the incident, Braden said, "I don't care if I'm Cy Young or the 25th man on the roster, if I've got the ball in my hand and I'm on that mound, that's my mound ... He ran across the pitcher's mound foot on my rubber. No, not happening. We're not the door mat anymore."

A-Roid saw things a bit differently.  He said, "He just told me to get off his mound. I was a little surprised. I'd never quite heard that. Especially from a guy that has a handful of wins in his career ... I thought it was pretty funny actually."

This is yet another reason to hate the Yankees. Neither teams nor players can exempt themselves from the rules, written or unwritten.

But this is what really disgusts me. By bringing up Braden's career win total, A-Roid is trying to pull rank on Braden. Since A-Roid simply couldn't contain himself during that recent "loosey-goosey" era, his own stats are meaningless. So here's A-Roid, acting as if he has special privileges because of his stats, when in fact Braden's stats mean more A-Roid's.

Hey, A-Roid, you're an arrogant prick. Even assholes can start triple plays.  Your ticket to the Hall of Fame has been cancelled. Enjoy the ride while it lasts, and then go away. The sooner, the better.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

Followers

What I'm Following

It is wrong always, everywhere, and for anyone, to believe anything upon insufficient evidence. ---W.K. Clifford

Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear. ---Thomas Jefferson