Yes, it is time to realize we are in the wrong paradigm and we must end the cycle of hate, blame and war. If I haven't lost you already, here's where I lose most of the rest, if not all: The time has come to choose love. Not on a grand scale, but on an effective one—YOU. The family is the building block of the country. Our families are falling apart, therefore our country is falling apart. Take the family back, you'll take the country back. Take your family back with love. It starts with you.
—lesli_hannah, 9 January 2011
We may ask ourselves if we've shown enough kindness and generosity and compassion to the people in our lives. Perhaps we question whether we're doing right by our children, or our community, whether our priorities are in order. We recognize our own mortality. And we are reminded that, in the fleeting time we have on this Earth, what matters is not wealth, or status, or power, or fame, but rather how well we have loved and what small part we have played in making the lives of other people better.
—President Barack Obama, 12 January 2011
- Pink Floyd, "When the Tigers Broke Free"
- This Is How It's Done
- Why Do I Even Bother?
- For Your Further Enlightenment IX
- Lori Ziganto's Pro-Choice Argument
- For Your Further Enlightenment VIII
- Meet Pinback
- The Man-On-Dog Expert Weighs In
- For Your Further Enlightenment VII
- Mitch McConnell Wants Ideas
- Two Passages from the Alternate Universe of Lori Z...
- Steven Wilson, "No Twilight within the Courts of t...
- Stolen Thunder
- This Little Gambit
- You all can go screw yourselves.
- Irony, Indeed III: The Rules of This Site
- For Your Further Enlightenment VI
- Not in a Million Years
- ▼ January (18)
- ► 2010 (232)
What I'm Following
For your further edification and amusement
- Collative Learning: Film Reviews and Analysis by Rob Ager
- DGM Live
- Gospel of Inclusion
- Green Party of the United States
- Mystery Science Theater 3000
- Pandora Radio
- Prog Archives
- Rip Rowan, "Over The Limit"
- Skepticblog: Ten Major Flaws of Evolution: A Refutation
- Slate Magazine
- Slayage: The Online International Journal of Buffy Studies
- South Park Studios
- Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy
- Star Trek
- The Baseball Scorecard
- The Onion
- The World's Biggest Pac-Man
- Turn Me Up!