Thursday, January 13, 2011

Stolen Thunder

Yes, it is time to realize we are in the wrong paradigm and we must end the cycle of hate, blame and war. If I haven't lost you already, here's where I lose most of the rest, if not all: The time has come to choose love. Not on a grand scale, but on an effective one—YOU. The family is the building block of the country. Our families are falling apart, therefore our country is falling apart. Take the family back, you'll take the country back. Take your family back with love. It starts with you.

lesli_hannah, 9 January 2011

We may ask ourselves if we've shown enough kindness and generosity and compassion to the people in our lives. Perhaps we question whether we're doing right by our children, or our community, whether our priorities are in order. We recognize our own mortality. And we are reminded that, in the fleeting time we have on this Earth, what matters is not wealth, or status, or power, or fame, but rather how well we have loved and what small part we have played in making the lives of other people better.

—President Barack Obama, 12 January 2011

2 comments:

  1. Ah! I was wondering if you read that post! ;)

    When I heard his speech I said, "Hey! That's what I've been thinking!" Was a neat moment but didn't realize part of the message mirrored my blog post. How cool. :) I consider it an honor to be quoted in the same post that includes an excerpt from the President's moving speech. And I do feel very strongly that how we love and treat others is what matters most. Thanks for making me smile, Φ. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you!

    I agree with you about the speech. I think the President really rose to the occasion. I know some people mock the President for his oratory, but sometimes a good speech is just what we need.

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog

Followers

What I'm Following

It is wrong always, everywhere, and for anyone, to believe anything upon insufficient evidence. ---W.K. Clifford

Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear. ---Thomas Jefferson