It's what makes the pancake hold still
while you slip the spatula under it
so fast it doesn't move, my father said
standing by the stove.
All motion stopped when he died.
With his last breath the earth
lurched to a halt and hung still on its axis,
the atoms in the air
coming to rest within their molecules,
and in that moment
something slid beneath me
so fast I couldn't move.
- ► 2011 (71)
- Debra Spencer, "Moment of Inertia"
- Choir of Young Believers, "Action / Reaction," "Ne...
- Against Some Uses of Twitter: Ten Ill-Advised Twee...
- Electric Light Orchestra, On the Third Day, Side O...
- Because they work, bitches.
- Please leave the science to the scientists
- "(What's So Funny 'Bout) Peace, Love, and Understa...
- So, the detainees at Guantanamo are androids, then...
- For Your Further Enlightenment V
- I was rooting for the caribou
- For Your Further Enlightenment IV
- I feel like I'm taking crazy pills
- Natacha Atlas, "Enogoom Wil Amar"
- Just so awesome
- For Your Further Enlightenment III
- ▼ December (15)
What I'm Following
For your further edification and amusement
- Collative Learning: Film Reviews and Analysis by Rob Ager
- DGM Live
- Gospel of Inclusion
- Green Party of the United States
- Mystery Science Theater 3000
- Pandora Radio
- Prog Archives
- Rip Rowan, "Over The Limit"
- Skepticblog: Ten Major Flaws of Evolution: A Refutation
- Slate Magazine
- Slayage: The Online International Journal of Buffy Studies
- South Park Studios
- Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy
- Star Trek
- The Baseball Scorecard
- The Onion
- The World's Biggest Pac-Man
- Turn Me Up!