- Think Progress: "The Catholic Church Supports Unions As ‘Moral Choices,’ Says Bargaining Rights Reflect ‘Principles Of Justice’" (How long until Glenn Beck goes after them for this?)
- Ezra Klein: "How to increase the deficit by cutting government spending"
- Talking Points Memo: "Fox Buses In Footage From Sacramento To Make Union Protesters Look Violent (VIDEO)"
- Slactivist: "Expelling the Quakers from Plymouth"
- Think Progress: "GRAPH: As Union Membership Has Declined, Income Inequality Has Skyrocketed In The United States"
- Think Progress: "Conservatives Mock Ellison For Emotional Testimony On Muslim 9/11 First Responder" (I knew as soon as I saw his testimony that the right-wing assholes would be coming out of the woodwork.)
- Politifact: "Michael Moore says 400 Americans have more wealth than half of all Americans combined"
- Howard Darmstadter, Philosophy Now: "David Hume at 300"
- William Saletan, Slate: "Man vs. Meltdown: Will Japan's nuclear crisis end in catastrophe?"
- Slate: "A State's Right: Why states, like Michigan, have the power to take over local governments" (How convenient it is that the law and the Republican Party's political goals are in perfect harmony.)
- Think Progress: "REPORT: In 12 States, GOP Plans To Slash Corporate Taxes While Increasing Burden on Working Families"
- The Blaze: "Does Raw Video of NPR Expose Reveal Questionable Editing & Tactics?"
- The Guardian: "Scott Walker's real agenda in Wisconsin: The Republican governor's budget plan would open the state up to a corporate asset-grab not seen since robber baron capitalism"
- RedState, "White House: We Don't Know Nothing about Nothing" (Moe Lane thinks that rookie White House Press Secretary Jay Carney made a mistake. Good, Moe, that's real good! Would you like a Twinkie? But Moe finds a way to turn what he claims to be a rookie mistake into a hard-hitting critique of President Obama and his staff. Is there anything constructive you could be doing with your time, Moe?)
- Here's something I need to remember.
Wednesday, March 16, 2011
I took a six-day break from the blog, so some of these links will seem dated. (Since I created this post, Republicans in Wisconsin have broken the law to pass their union-killing legislation.)
Posted by Φ at 4:33 PM
- ▼ March (7)
- ► 2010 (232)
What I'm Following
For your further edification and amusement
- Collative Learning: Film Reviews and Analysis by Rob Ager
- DGM Live
- Gospel of Inclusion
- Green Party of the United States
- Mystery Science Theater 3000
- Pandora Radio
- Prog Archives
- Rip Rowan, "Over The Limit"
- Skepticblog: Ten Major Flaws of Evolution: A Refutation
- Slate Magazine
- Slayage: The Online International Journal of Buffy Studies
- South Park Studios
- Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy
- Star Trek
- The Baseball Scorecard
- The Onion
- The World's Biggest Pac-Man
- Turn Me Up!