Saturday, October 3, 2009
My spouse and I took the car into the shop today to get the oil changed and the tires rotated. And while we waited, I finally read Richard Hofstadter's "The Paranoid Style in American Politics." It was enlightening. You can read it here.
- ► 2011 (71)
- ► 2010 (232)
- The human face of the debate
- Affirmative action for white firefighters challeng...
- Take a Bow
- The insurance industry has an antitrust exemption?...
- Ignore Fox
- "I'm not a racist. I just don't believe in mixing ...
- A Reminder from Terrence
- The hypocritical republican effort to censure Cong...
- A fully conservative translation of the Ten Comman...
- Jesus: laissez-faire capitalist
- The United States of the Republican Party does not...
- This Should Get Us Thinking Harder
- I finally read Hofstadter's essay
- Elizabeth Warren discusses gotcha capitalism
- Republicans: "Hooray! We lost!"
- Your Analytic Analeptic ends up on The Huffington ...
- Rep. Alan Grayson on health care reform
- The perilous seductiveness of choice
- Frank Schaeffer on the village idiot
- How to talk to complete idiots
- ▼ October (20)
What I'm Following
For your further edification and amusement
- Collative Learning: Film Reviews and Analysis by Rob Ager
- DGM Live
- Gospel of Inclusion
- Green Party of the United States
- Mystery Science Theater 3000
- Pandora Radio
- Prog Archives
- Rip Rowan, "Over The Limit"
- Skepticblog: Ten Major Flaws of Evolution: A Refutation
- Slate Magazine
- Slayage: The Online International Journal of Buffy Studies
- South Park Studios
- Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy
- Star Trek
- The Baseball Scorecard
- The Onion
- The World's Biggest Pac-Man
- Turn Me Up!