- David Frum, CNN: "Wake up GOP: Smashing system doesn't fix it"
- The Onion: "Emergency Team Of 8th-Grade Civics Teachers Dispatched To Washington"
- Think Progress: "GOP Presidential Candidate Gary Johnson: Muslims Are As Qualified For Presidential Appointments As Anyone Else"
- Slate: "A Primer on the Debt-Ceiling Crisis: A compilation of helpful stories, charts, and live blogs that will help you keep up with the debt-ceiling debate."
- William Saletan, Slate: "Christian Terrorism: If Muslims are responsible for Islamic terrorism, are Muslim-bashers responsible for the massacre in Norway?"
- Associated Press: "'Christian terrorist'? Norway case strikes debate"
- Think Progress: "Meet The Wells Family: The Funders Behind The FAMiLY LEADER’s Bob Vander Plaats"
- James Fallows, The Atlantic: "The Chart That Should Accompany All Discussions of the Debt Ceiling"
- NPR: "Dos: Veteran Punks With A Low-End Theory"
- Conor Friedersdorf, The Atlantic: "Grover Norquist's Pledge Is a Colossal Failure"
- Bruce Bartlett, The Fiscal Times: "Barack Obama: The Democrats’ Richard Nixon?"
- Dana Milbank, The Washington Post: "The New Party of Reagan"
- Andrew Sullivan, The Daily Beast: "Give the People What They Want: Higher Taxes"
- Discover: "A Storm Wraps Around Saturn"
- Kenneth C. Davis, CNN: "Why U.S. is not a Christian nation"
- Associated Press: "NY motorcyclist dies on ride protesting helmet law: Troopers say man would have likely survived if he had been wearing a helmet"
- Annie Lowrey, Slate: "Do Tax Cuts Ever Increase Government Revenues? Three historical examples of tax cuts paying for themselves, and how they undercut the GOP claim that tax cuts always do that."
- Brian Merchant, Slate: "How To Spark a Right-Wing Frenzy: My one-minute YouTube clip of Al Gore was a conservative-media sensation. Here's why I took it down."
- Think Progress: "Shame Of America: Desperate Man Robs Store For One Dollar In Order To Go To Jail To Get Health Coverage"
- Dahlia Lithwick, Slate: "Too Gay To Judge? The preposterous, appalling effort to disqualify Vaughn Walker from judging the California gay marriage case because he is gay."
- The Lookout: "Workers’ share of national income plummets to record low"
Monday, August 1, 2011
Posted by Φ at 11:20 AM
- ▼ 2011 (71)
- ► 2010 (232)
What I'm Following
For your further edification and amusement
- Collative Learning: Film Reviews and Analysis by Rob Ager
- DGM Live
- Gospel of Inclusion
- Green Party of the United States
- Mystery Science Theater 3000
- Pandora Radio
- Prog Archives
- Rip Rowan, "Over The Limit"
- Skepticblog: Ten Major Flaws of Evolution: A Refutation
- Slate Magazine
- Slayage: The Online International Journal of Buffy Studies
- South Park Studios
- Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy
- Star Trek
- The Baseball Scorecard
- The Onion
- The World's Biggest Pac-Man
- Turn Me Up!