Here is what Rep. Alan Grayson had to say about Republican efforts to block the extension of unemployment benefits to more than 2.5 million people out of work:
According to Arthur Delaney of the Huffington Post, Rep. Steve King responded by saying that by passing the extension, we'll be borrowing from the Chinese to "pay people not to work."
Let's say this once again, for the benefit of Republicans in Congress: people aren't working because there are no jobs. Businesses are not hiring. We have been in a recession. Where have you idiots been the past two years? If you're against borrowing money from China, stop trying to borrow money to pay for tax cuts for your wealthy friends.
- ► 2011 (71)
- Rush, "Witch Hunt"
- Strike three, asshole.
- The sociopathic wing of the Republican Party does ...
- Porcupine Tree, "Way Out of Here"
- Congressional Republicans have souls?
- A few tweets for Sarah Palin to consider
- A Few important videos from The Rachel Maddow Show...
- Republicans renew commitment to free market . . . ...
- One more time
- Chad Strawderman's "The Deep End" 18
- Chad Strawderman's "The Deep End" 17
- Q: Where are the balls and brains behind snark and...
- Chad Strawderman's "The Deep End" 16
- ▼ July (13)
What I'm Following
For your further edification and amusement
- Collative Learning: Film Reviews and Analysis by Rob Ager
- DGM Live
- Gospel of Inclusion
- Green Party of the United States
- Mystery Science Theater 3000
- Pandora Radio
- Prog Archives
- Rip Rowan, "Over The Limit"
- Skepticblog: Ten Major Flaws of Evolution: A Refutation
- Slate Magazine
- Slayage: The Online International Journal of Buffy Studies
- South Park Studios
- Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy
- Star Trek
- The Baseball Scorecard
- The Onion
- The World's Biggest Pac-Man
- Turn Me Up!