Tuesday, June 15, 2010

The Fine Art of Bullshitting 4: Please don't look at my conspicuous breasts

Sarah Palin at the Belmont Stakes last Saturday (right), clearly intending that no one look at her breasts

Recently, I wrote about conservative complaints that the media is spending too much time talking about Sarah Palin's breasts and not enough time talking about women winning primaries.

Then Palin herself complained about the situation. During an interview with Greta van Susteren of Fox "News," Palin said that "boobgate" "makes me wear layers, it makes me have to waste time figuring out what am I going to wear so that nobody will look in an area that I don’t need them to look at."

Then I noticed that Andrew Sullivan posted one of his reader's opinions on the subject, "The Pernicious Lies Of Sarah Palin IV: They Victimize Me For Looking Hot":
She creates the situation she wants to gripe about. It's intentional. It's a way of appearing faux "feminist" while also displaying the wares that got every golddigger in history a sugardaddy. It's a way of controlling her product messaging.
Read the rest here. It's so worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Followers

What I'm Following

It is wrong always, everywhere, and for anyone, to believe anything upon insufficient evidence. ---W.K. Clifford

Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear. ---Thomas Jefferson